Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sleepovers

I am running a little behind, but none-the-less I want to share about the exciting little things going on around my house.  Something really exciting is happening.  Elise and Lauren are beginning to develop a friendship.  Yes, so exciting for this mommy!  We have really noticed how they have started to play so much better together!  Lauren is finally big enough to keep up with her sister and her language allows her to express her excitement or frustrations with her big sissy!  They enjoy so many of the same things and love to play with each other.  Let's be honest, this new found friendship has posed some challenges, fights, tantrums, and tears; but...it's been wonderful!

Case in point, I put the girls to bed and after hearing some giggles from upstairs, I found Elise camped out in Lauren's room.  They were having a sleepover.  Awe....so much for sleep.  I couldn't not bring myself to drag Elise to her own room (Scott was away on a SWAT call, so I was weak.)  They didn't get much sleep that night, but they loved every minute.

January 2012:


January 2011:


Wow, what a difference a year makes.  Today they are coloring together, and last January this is what was going on at my house:

Elise 2012:

Elise 2011:

Lauren 2012:
Lauren 2011:

Yep, time is escaping us around here.  Trying to soak it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment