Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 13, 2012

Aloha!

January 26, 2012.  At 4:40 in the morning (PST) I was lacing up my running shoes.  At the exact same moment in time, Melissa was in Hawaii loading up in the car to watch the sunrise from Haleakala in Maui.  Awe, sometimes I wish to trade places with her, and this is one of those times.

Needless to say, what a super thoughtful sister I have. While home for lunch the FedEx man stopped by my home.  Not an unusual occurence...we do live in the sticks.  I will be expecting a coffee filter shipment next week because Safeway (our one grocery store) does not carry the ones we need for are camp trailer.  Seriously, who has to order coffee filters via mail...this gal.  I digress.

Back to the story, she and Matt mailed our daughters beautiful leis.  Authentic from their Hawiian vacation.  When our girls got home they were elated!  They were absolutely beautiful, more so than expected after the FedEx trip to Oregon.

Thank you Auntie and Uncle Matt for bringing these smiles to our faces!  Have a wonderful time escaping the Alaskan winter and enjoy those sunny beaches!

And, yes there were cute photos.  Lost in my organizational system.  Sorry!

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, such a nice Auntie! And I can't believe you get up so early to run!
    I don't live in the sticks anymore, but I still haven't kicked the habit of ordering everything online. I 1 mile from a Toys R Us and I still didn't go in there once for Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, it's just too easy. Although, if there was a Michaels in Lakeview, it might be the perfect place to live!

    ReplyDelete