Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Keeping Up

It's been a month, yikes!  No excuses in my lack of blogging.  But honestly, I have been distracted.  I jumped onto the Becky Higgins Project Life bandwagon and that where my creative juices are going these days.  It's just simple scrapbooking that encourages you to journal and scrap the everyday events in your life.  I LOVE it and it's been a joy getting things in print to keep forever.  My pal Danica is my motivator and we scrap at least monthly for a couple of days.  I am trying really hard to keep up with this and do 2012 in the process.  More pictures to come...I promise.

Here is what the girls do when I craft.  Seriously, they love to create things.  I finally made room for their table in the kitchen.  Even though it's not an ideal spot it helps give them their own space and the do love to color.


Something else big happened...Lauren Grace turned 3.  Holy smokes, they are getting so big.  This is how I describe her:

Super Independent
Loves Riding Her *New* Bike
Adores Her Big Sister
Appreciates Chocolate (ha, she might look like Scott but she eats like her momma)
Smiles with Her Nose and Eyes
Favorite Thing to Wear:  Running Shoes
Determined and Stubborn
Enjoys Bath Time and Water
Brave when Climbing and Jumping
JOYFUL!






For her sister, Elise dictated a card.  It made me cry.


And alas, a typical afternoon.  Me on the computer for *momma's time* and Elise doing homework.  Today she is learning letter F.  She says she prefers writing A's.  Go figure.  We are a bit behind on the school work portion of life.  But we have 5 months of learning to get her ready.  It's been both challenging and rewarding but we are figuring it out.  


Right now Scott is in Salt Lake City for training.  He said is is crazy difficult and he is thankful for his college experience in computer science.  We will pick him up at the airport on Friday night.  It's such a blessing living in a large town.  We were able to shuttle Grammy and Papa from the airport last week while they went to Anchorage to visit Melissa and watch the Ididarod.  Even though this year will require Scott to be out of town frequently for training, it's such a breeze getting anywhere from here as opposed to Lakeview.  He is home much more.  Working 8-6 Monday to Thursday has been an absolute JOY.  It's like we are in college again, without the homework.  

So, until next time.  We will be exploring more of this new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment