Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pretty Fingers

When Elise was about 2, she got into my make-up.  It was really pretty funny.  She had tons of blush on and cried when I plopped her in front of the mirror.  

I learned my lesson. 

My make-up is safe up in the bathroom cabinet, out of reach of little fingers.  

Lauren, however, cannot reach my make-up for an evening of mischief.  She found the bag filled with finger nail polishes.  After an a quiet evening downstairs, I wandered upstairs to check on my sleeping beauties.  

Lauren was not sleeping.  She was applying finger nail polish...all by herself.  "Mommy!  Look, pretty nails!" She was smiling from ear to ear and I couldn't help but let my enthusiasm fade as I noticed the rainbow of colors all over her carpet.  

None the less, I know I will look back and smile so we went and found the camera.  

What a cutie!






I spent the next hour scrubbing the carpet.  I didn't get it out and after a blister and watching my carpet start to come out I gave up.  And called Scott to report that we need to add new carpet to the list of future house needs.  (He was in John Day at training.)  

Life does go on.  Here she is sleeping soundly as I scrubbed the carpets in her room....she looks so innocent!



No comments:

Post a Comment